Objective Build for Survivors
Welcome to our objective build for Dead by Daylight. When you play this build, you’re set for success when it comes to repairing generators fast. Our objective build makes you the “gen jockey” of the team. You really shouldn’t bait the killer nor be the first one to unhook your fellow survivors.
Our objective build works great for any rank but highly favors those new to Dead by Daylight.
Pros & Cons
- + Great for repairing generators fast.
- + One perk slot is for exhaustion perks, adds extra survivability when you are getting chased by the killer.
- + Fairly easy to rank up with.
- – We are not running Decisive Strike, and chances are that you will get tunneled.
- – Don’t bait the killer as we are running the No Mither perk.
Required Survivors for our Objective Build
Our objective build for Dead by Daylight has been optimized, so you don’t need any DLC character! We’ve added an “optional survivors” section below if you want some variety to our objective build.
- David King at lvl 40 for Dead Hard and No Mither. Requires DLC “A Lullaby for the Dark,” but it’s free on all platforms, so go ahead and download it first!
- Detective David Tapp lvl 40 for Stake out. Requires DLC “The SAW Chapter.” We only use Stake out in our secondary build! It’s not required for the main one.
Objective Build – Main Perk Setup
- Dead Hard – Our exhaustion perk. Allows us to dodge an attack from the killer quickly. It’s our only way to make space from the killer, and getting the purple quality, which lowers the cooldown from 60 to 40 seconds, is very necessary.
- No Mither – You start the trial injured, but we’re running Resilience, which makes you repair generators 9% faster at all times!
- Resilience – This is a general perk. It shows up randomly in the bloodweb and doesn’t require any survivors. Resilience increases action speed by 9% but only when you are injured, which is why we are running No Mither, so you always benefit from the 9% action speed boost.
- This is Not Happening – Another general perk that can be found randomly in the bloodweb. The success zone for “great” skill checks is increased by 30% when you are injured. As with Resilience, it only works when you are injured.
Objective Build – Secondary Perk Setup
Swap out This is Not Happening for Stake out. You should only use our secondary perk setup if you are struggling to hit skill checks. In general, you would benefit more by running This is Not Happening over Stake out for our Objective build in Dead by Daylight.
- Stake out – Every 15 seconds you are within the killer’s terror radius, you get a token, which turns a good skill check into a great one. With the purple quality, your maximum tokens are 4. It also adds 1% progression on the generator.
Best Items and Offerings
Because of No Mither, you don’t want to head into a trial with a medkit. For our objective build, it’s best to go in with a toolbox and either use repair speed addons or increase the toolbox’s charges.
Using a flashlight instead of a toolbox will most likely end up with you dying to the feeder. The purpose of our objective build is to repair generators fast! Not playing with the killer.
For offerings, you always want to increase the number of bloodpoints you get by repairing generators.
How to Play our Objective Build
If you hear the killer’s terror radius at the start of the trial, it means they spawned close to you and will most likely start checking the generators nearby. Hide in a locker or play extremely safe until the terror radius goes away. You don’t want to be the first one the killer finds. When the terror radius goes away or when he’s chasing another survivor, start repairing generators.
You should always stay away from the killer and focus on repairing the generators. With our objective build, you have insane repair speed. You will, however, get one-shotted by all killers because of No Mither being slotted. The extra repair speed makes up for being one-shotted.
There will be times when you have to unhook a survivor and risk being chased. Always make sure no other survivor is trying to unhook before you start running to them.
Your only way to make space from the killer is by using Dead Hard. Learning when to use it will take practice. Expect to be a feeder during the first couple of games with this build.
Our objective build for Dead by Daylight works perfectly if you are a new player and don’t know what build to follow! It’s also very beginner-friendly because we are not using any perks that required paid DLC characters. The ideal survivor team is to have someone focus on repairing the generators while the others bait the killer and unhook other survivors. With this build, you take on the role of being a “gen jockey.”
11.05.2021 Updated for Dead by Daylight’s latest chapter “All-Kill”